- SAVAGE: You know who has a single-payer (health insurance) model? Vatican City.
- STEPHEN: Oh, yeah. This is it right there. (Makes the Sign of the Cross.)
- SAVAGE: It covers everything but birth control because altar boys can't get pregnant. When altar boys start getting pregnant, it'll cover birth control too.
- STEPHEN (sardonically): We're gonna gloss over that for a second.
- SAVAGE: As the Catholic Church has done.
“…those first few days are actually the easiest because the pain is so raw and real. Sobbing feels cathartic. That’s at least a release. I can no longer control my self so I will sob. Cause. Reaction. But when you can control is when it gets worse. When the wound goes from fresh to scabbed. Then the numbness is insufferable. That becomes part of the story too. At least a small detail.”